Vehicle modifications

Where an injury or disability has impacted on your ability to drive a car with foot controls or if you can no longer enter a car as an able bodied passenger you will need to consider what you need to do to continue using a private vehicle as a transport option. Advice from SCIA on what is involved in getting your vehicle modified, funding options and the steps to getting your licence to drive a modified vehicle.

Share this resource Got more questions?

Our friendly team members are here to help and guide you, answering any questions that you might have.

Contact us

Contact Us

For help or enquiries, please contact

Get in touch
with us online
Call us at
1800 819 775

Funded by Australian Government Department of Social Services. For more information visit DSS.GOV.AU