The right mindset is crucial for a successful job search. But how do we cultivate this mindset? Join our EmployAbility’s job coach, Dominika, in the following webinar as she shares her valuable knowledge and insights to help guide you towards a positive and effective job search.
Key takeaways for succeeding in your job search.
A positive mindset can lead to a whole host of health benefits, including:
- lower rates of depression
- lower stress levels
- better physical wellbeing
- increased ability to deal with complex challenges when they arise.
Benefits to Employment:
- Financial independence from Centrelink.
- Opportunity to learn new skills.
- Ability to support the family.
- Improved confident.
- Social connection.
- Greater independence.
- Improved mental health.
The ways of getting into the right mindset:
- Take time to explore why you want to work and the types of roles you’re looking for.
- Get to know your strengths and what you can offer a future employer.
- Don’t compare yourself to anyone else – keep your expectations in check.
- Be mentally prepared for the challenges of finding a job.
- Build a supportive community around you.
The webinar cannot cover everything we need to consider in successfully searching for and securing a job. So I recommend EmployAbility’s program, both developed and delivered by people living with disabilities. The free and comprehensive program includes the following:
- Helping participants to identify transferable skills and new opportunities.
- Understand and overcome barriers.
- Build confidence.
- Create a resume, cover letter.
- Job search support.
- Interview support.
Moreover, the program offers opportunities for participants to connect with inclusive employers or employer partners.
We welcome your participation in the program and are here to address any questions you may have. Please feel free to get in touch with our EmployAbility team by completing the contact form or sending an email to email@example.com.
By the way, Dominic recently hosted another informative webinar that provided valuable insights and resources for addressing disability discrimination in the workplace.
Our friendly team members are here to help and guide you, answering any questions that you might have.