Personal information collected by Spinal Cord Injuries Australia (SCIA) is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
The primary purpose for collecting personal information from you is to provide disability services to people in need, including planning, funding, monitoring and evaluating our services. The kind of personal information we collect will depend on your relationship with SCIA (eg as a member, client, volunteer, beneficiary, donor, business partner or online user). Without this information SCIA may be unable to provide our support and services.
We usually collect personal information directly from you. However, we sometimes collect personal information from your carer, trustee or authorised representative, a health professional such as a Social Worker or Doctor or from a publically available source, but only if you have consented to such collection or would reasonably expect us to collect your personal information in this way.
If you provide us with personal information about another person (eg contact details), you must ensure they are provided with a copy of this Privacy Statement.
Your personal information may be used to:
- Provide you with goods or a service
- Provide you with educational information on disability care or awareness
- Report to government or other funding bodies how the funding is used
- Process your donation and provide receipts
- Communicate with you about how your donation is used or about SCIA services, causes, events, products and services, which we believe may be of interest to you
- Respond to your feedback or complaints
- Answer your queries
It may also be used for:
- Any other purpose for which it was requested and which was advised to you
- Directly related purposes
When using your personal information, we may disclose it to certain government departments and regulatory bodies, health care professionals, our professional advisors, referees and former employers of SCIA employees and volunteers, and organisations to whom we outsource services. Some of the people to whom we disclose your personal information may be located overseas.
We take steps to protect all personal, sensitive and health information and government related identifiers held by SCIA against misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
How to contact us
Give Us Feedback Was this article helpful?