In January, we mentioned that SCIA fully supported the 29 recommendations of the Review of the NDIS Act and Participant Service Guarantee by David Tune.
We are pleased to say that the Federal Government have just annoucned that they also support all 29 recommendations of the Tune Review including:
• Allowing participants to use their funding flexibly across core and capacity building
• Giving plan managed participants the same flexibility as self managed participants
• Improving NDIA decision making, with a Participant Service Guarantee from 2021
• A Participant Service Charter and Participant Service Improvement Plan to be released later today
• Outlining when Support Coordination should be funded in a plan and when it should be delivered by an independent provider
• Fairer planning for children and families
• A $20 million outreach program to better engage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, culturally or linguistically diverse communities and people with psychosocial disability
This morning the ABC quoted NDIS Minister Stuart Roberts saying, “No longer will participants have certain funds in core support, certain funds in capacity support. They’ll have flexibility right across their plan with perhaps maybe a couple of exclusions, such as specialist disability accommodation or home modifications.”
You can read the full article here. If you would like to know more about these changes contact our Policy and Advocacy team on 1800 819 775.