NSW accessible toilets project
Spinal Cord Injuries Australia in conjunction with the NSW Department of Family & Community Services is updating the accessible toilets in NSW on the National Public Toilet Map. The map is a great tool that can be used by people with disability to find an accessible toilet. The map:
- Provides the location of over 16,000 publicly available toilets across Australia
- Reduces the stress of not being able to find an accessible toilet when out and about
- Provides choice, freedom and independence for people to get out and enjoy their lives
How you can help
We need volunteers to help update the map with accessible toilets across NSW. As an Access Officer you will:
- Choose a local area that suits you
- Identify and assess toilets missing from the map
- Re-assess toilets already on the map
- Timing is flexible, with up to 6 weeks to finish your area
If you work for a business, local government or a disability organisation and you know of accessible toilets to add to the map, you can also get involved.
$100 Gift Voucher
As thanks we're giving our volunteer Access Officers a $100 gift voucher (certain criteria must be met).
Contact us today
To learn more about the project click here.
Click here for project resources.
Give Us Feedback Was this article helpful?