National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
The National Insurance Disability Scheme (NDIS) is the new way Australia is providing support for people with permanent and significant disabilities. It will give people with a disability direct access to money, through the creation of an annual plan, to fund the supports they need to live life and achieve their goals. The NDIS has been trialled over the last two years in a number of regions across Australia, by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA).
SCIA will be providing three types of support for SCIA members, clients and customers in relation to the NDIS; general information about the NDIS, specific assistance with NDIS planning, and services directly offered by SCIA under the NDIS. Visit the pages SCIA has put together to read about the NDIS and how SCIA will be supporting its members, clients and customers.
Information, Resources, Links on the NDIS
- NDIS Ready - on the NDIS website
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) website
- NSW Government NDIS website - Resources, Factsheets, Videos
- NSW Department of Ageing, Disability and Home Care (ADHC)
- NDIS Rights - factsheets about your legal rights when accessing the scheme.
- Disability Loop - Website to help people navigate their way around the NDIS. Come here for a great selection of resources relating to the NDIS; find out how the NDIS is working for other people; have your say about the NDIS and keep up to date with news and events about the NDIS.
- Information about the NDIS is available in the following languages on the NSW Govt NDIS website and the NDIS website.
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
- + Plain English
Guides, Reports, Official Documentation
- 2016/2017 Price Guide for NDIS Service Providers
- NDIS Assistive Technology & Consumables Code Guide
- My NDIS Pathway: guide to being a NDIS participant
- Quarterly Reports from the (NDIA) for the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) Disability Reform Council.
- Guide to the rollout of the NDIS in NSW for people with disability, families and carers, Sept 2015
- NDIS Service Provider Guide, Sept 2015
- Framework for Information, Linkages and Capacity Building, July 2015
- Released 18 December 2015 - Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC) – draft of the ILC Commissioning Framework now out for consultation.
- Integrated Market, Sector and Workforce Strategy, June 2015
- NDIS Progress Report: Year Two
- NDIS Progress Report: Year One
- NDIS Citizens Jury Scorecard + read the response from the NDIA to the scorecard.
- KPMG, Interim report: Review of the optimal approach to transition to the full NDISThis interim report has been prepared for the Board of the National Disability Insurance Agency,16 July 2014.
- NDIA Annual Report 2013-2014
Give Us Feedback Was this article helpful?
- Access and public toilets
- Clothing and fashion
- Employment and education
- Equipment, technology and wheelchairs
- Exercise, sport and recreation
- Financial and legal matters
Health and SCI facts
- What is spinal cord injury (SCI)?
- SCI statistics
- SCI research
- Living with SCI
- Autonomic dysreflexia (AD)
- Bladder and SCI
- Bowel and SCI
- Continence care
- Diet and weight management
- Emergencies and SCI
- Heat, heatwaves and SCI
- Pain and SCI
- Respiratory and SCI
- Sexuality and fertility and SCI
- Skin and SCI
- Spasticity and SCI
- Housing and home modifications
- NDIS Resources
- SCI Resources Library
- Transport and travel