NeuroMoves

Supporting your online community

Welcome to our forum

NeuroMoves

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  nath91 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

petshop71
    Participant

Recently started NeuroMoves gym program to try and regain some lost function from many years of doing limited exercise.  Only after a few weeks I am feeling stronger and fitter as well as having more motivation to try new things.  Great bunch of guys too who really want the best for you.

I have T12 paraplegia from birth and have been in a wheelchair for 20 years. I’m 34 now and my back has such deep curvature from sitting that it gives me constant pain. I’ve found that exercise physio has helped. I’ve been doing it once a week for over a year at Enable Exercise. It gets me standing, takes the pressure off my back and reduces pain to a certain degree.

One day (maybe), I’ll get some more funding from the NDIS so I can go more than once. It’s the most commitment I’ve ever put into my physical health, but as I get older, it’s getting very obvious that something needs to be done about it!

BrankaPupovac
    Participant

I’ve been using a chair for 26 years & i’ve also noticed that if i don’t exercise things i got away with before i can’t so much now. I’ve found swimming is great for taking the pressure off the body & releases tension.

nath91

Hey everyone!

Petshop 71 – It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying the gym program at Neuromoves! I’ve just printed out my application and  I’m hoping to start soon. I’ve been wanting to join for a while so I’m excited to finally get started. Glad to hear you’re feeling stronger and fitter, all the more encouragement to join.

BrankaPupovac
      Participant

Good luck nath91. Look forward to hearing about your experiences

nath91

Thanks Branka!

I had a my initial session in Lidcombe a week and a half a go. Absolutely loved it. There energy was vibrant and all the Physios and Exercise Physiologists were really nice. My Physio really took the time to understand my history and test my strength and capabilities. I’ll be going to Zetland moving forward as it’s closer to home and work. Really looking forward to it!

How have you all been going with your rehab/exercise programs?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.