Life Hacks

Forum Everyday Life Life Hacks

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Jess SCIA
      Participant

Drop your best life hacks down below! Lets see some ingenuity!

nath91
      Participant

I’ve found that getting my wheelchair into my car to be one of the most difficult things. After I take off my wheels and put them in the back seat, I put the passenger seat all the way back, so it’s flat and then it’s a very tight squeeze to get the chair in over the steering well and on to the passenger seat. Can anybody offer any advice on a better way to do it? That’d be a very helpful hack!

BrankaPupovac
      Participant

I’m following this as i currently am still able to put my chair in whole at the back of my 4wd but it’s getting more & more difficult so will need to pull it apart & put next to me too very soon.

Jason
      Participant

Hi everyone,

For those who are having difficulties stowing wheelchairs into your cars take a look at the R11 robot.

It can stow both fixed and flat folding chairs into a variety of vehicles.

To learn more visit you tube and search R11 robot!

Jason
      Participant

Hi 221B Baker Street,

Yes that’s the one. My OT,s looking at the dimensions now to see if it fits into my Honda CRV. I have a custom made footplate on my chair which is larger than a standard footplate which makes a difference when looking at fitting into my cargo space.

Apparently the R11 robot fits more vehicles compared to the abi loader which is another similar device.

Hey duckeith! Thanks for the information. I have a Toyota Sedan, so I don’t think it’s the kind of thing I can put in my car, but always open to what people suggest I look into.

Do you find this limits the kind of parking you can do because of the space it takes up? Like parallel parks on the street – that kind of thing?

Jason
      Participant

Hi 221B Baker Street,

I have considered that and it seems to only take up the same amount of distance as your car door opens at its widest, so if you can open your car door right up then you have enough room for it to operate.

The only thing is that if somebody else comes along and parks after the previous person you may get stuck if they park too close to you.

I suppose it does limit a bit in that instance however if you have shoulder issues you need to add up the pros and cons.

The R11 robot can load flat folding chairs into a variety of car boots as they get turned sideways when loaded.

Jess SCIA
      Participant

How do y’all go with cooking? I live solo, so its hard to get motivated to cook, but love fresh food. I’m about to start renovations around my kitchen, and adding a floating island that’s custom to me and my chair, as my benches are too high and give me shoulder issues. I also bake a lot of savoury veggies. I also order veggies that are already pre-cut. That makes my life so easy.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.