Sargood on Collaroy is taking applications from people with SCI looking to develop work-related skills, gain workplace experience, and build their resumé to join our team as interns. The internship program is funded by a grant from the Sargood Foundation, whose charter is to assist people with SCI to return to as full a role in life as possible. There will be two paid internship positions in the first half of 2023, 8-12 weeks. Financial support for accommodation is available for those who would find it too difficult to travel from home each day to be on-site, as is support for any adaptive equipment that may be required to fulfil the role.
Sargood on Collaroy, located on Sydney’s beautiful Northern Beaches, is a world-first resort purpose-built for people with Spinal Cord Injuries. We provide Short Term Accommodation and Assistance and Accessible Holidays with a team of qualified and dedicated staff, breathtaking ocean views and access to world-class facilities and activities. Club Sargood is located on-site at Sargood on Collaroy and provides allied health services to guests and community clients.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
To be considered suitable, applicants must be:
- living with a spinal cord injury
- motivated to enter the workforce, and able to articulate how an internship at Sargood on Collaroy assists in their plan to do so.
- able to work 16-20 hours per week for 8-12 weeks, on-site at Sargood on Collaroy
- demonstrated ability to communicate effectively – both written and verbal
- excellent interpersonal skills
- ability to work both independently and within a team
It would be considered desirable for the applicant to:
- bring their own service development project ideas to the application process.
- possess skills and experience with providing peer support services.
Your main Duties will include:
- working on and completing a service development project within the allotted internship period. Project ideas from applicants are welcomed during the application process, otherwise these can be allocated based on service development needs already identified by Sargood on Collaroy staff. The final choice of project will be at the discretion of Sargood on Collaroy management.
- assisting in the day-to-day running of Sargood on Collaroy as appropriate to the skills and abilities of the intern.
- interacting with guests and engaging in knowledge sharing on an ad-hoc, informal, peer-to-peer basis.
- advising Sargood on Collaroy staff regarding aspects of service development and delivery, based on their lived experience as a person with SCI.
A career at Royal Rehab is both rewarding and unlike any other and is an opportunity to make a difference with an iconic organization. We pride ourselves on our skilled workforce, committed to delivering the very best for the people we serve.