Room available in a four bedroom high care group home in Chatswood, New South Wales.
The room features a large, unfurnished, wheelchair accessible room with en-suite. The property has been renovated and is within close proximity to shops and public transport. It’s suitable for a person with spinal cord injury (SCI) or a similar physical disability, with ramps to access the front and rear of the property, widened doors, open underneath bench tops in the kitchen and accessible en suites with hob-less shower in each bedroom.
The applicant must:
- Have spinal cord injury or similar physical disability, requiring some level of personal care and assistance
- Have a current and ongoing need for accommodation support
- Support needs in general daily living are related to your disability
- Covered by NDIS and have access to or be eligible for Supported Independent Living (SIL) funding in their NDIS Plan Note: there may be a number of reports required to seek eligibility into SIL funding, therefore the candidate should have the relevant support in place i.e. Support Coordinator or active LAC
- Supply own equipment as required, and is responsible for the maintenance of such equipment
- Provide a copy of their care needs assessment. Note: The house operates under an existing Supported Independent Living (SIL) care model so candidate would need to be part of this arrangement
Large (Approx. 4.7 x 4.3m) room for single or king single bed allowing sufficient circulation space
Wall mounted air conditioning unit
Wooden floor boards
Large (Approx. 2.7 x 2.4m) En suite with ‘wheel in’ hob-less shower
Facilities include shared kitchen, living and dining areas, and a shared laundry. Limited parking is available onsite.
Chatswood House is a supported living option for a person with high support needs. 24 hours of care is provided in the home, where residents self-direct their care.
The applicant should require personal care at a similar level to that of the other residents. As there is already an existing NDIS funded care arrangements in place, candidates should be prepared to use the current care model, including care provider.
Reasonable Rent Contribution (RRC) is calculated at 25% Disability Support Pension or 25% of income up to market value rate.
Service and lodging agreements are to be signed prior to occupancy of the room.
Rent will be paid from when equipment and room is taken. Rent can be paid through Centrelink or fortnightly bank transfer.
Food/board not included.
Bills are split by resident’s including gas, electricity, gardening etc.
Telecommunications to be arranged by residents.
All toilet rolls, cleaning products etc. to be purchased by residents.
Cost of moving will not be covered by SCIA arrangements will need to be made by the applicant.
Submit application forms and any relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to discuss the application or if you have any questions please contact us on 1800 819 775 or email@example.com.