A unit is available in our four bedroom group home, Anzac House, based in Maroubra.
Our rooms and facilities are suitable for a person with a spinal cord injury (SCI) or a similar physical disability. The house has been modified to allow access to the front and rear of the property, widened doorways, space underneath bench tops in the kitchen is open comfortably enough to wheel underneath, as well as accessible en suites to each bedroom that includes a hobless shower.
To apply please click here to fill in our housing application form. All application forms must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read below for information about the accommodation and the applicant requirements. If you would like to know more the house or enquire about the application, please call us on 1800 819 775 or email us at email@example.com.
- The applicant must have a spinal cord injury, or similar disability and require a high level of personal care and daily living assistance
- Have current and ongoing need for accommodation support
- Have an NDIS plan with a provision for Supported Independent Living (SIL) funding included. Note: A request to supply reports may be required to seek eligibility for SIL funding, therefore candidate should already have relevant supports (i.e. Support Coordinator or active LAC) in place
- Applicant must be able to supply own equipment and is responsible for the maintenance of that equipment
- A copy of the candidate’s care needs assessment is required. Note: The house operates under an existing SIL care model and the successful applicant would need to be part of this arrangement
- Large bedroom that allows for single or king single bed with sufficient circulation space
- Large en suite with ‘wheel in’ hobless shower
- Separate living area with kitchenette and wall mounted air conditioning unit
- Shared main kitchen, living and dining areas, and shared laundry.
- Limited parking available onsite
- Anzac House is a supported living option for a person with high level support needs.
- 23 hours of care is provided at the home, where residents will self-direct their care
Applicant should require personal care at a similar level to that of the other residents. An existing NDIS funded care arrangement is already in place, therefore successful applicants should be prepared to use the current care model, including care provider.
Click to view the application form. If you would like more information about the application please contact us at 1800 819 775 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.