When: Monday 19 August 9am – 12pm OR Tuesday 20 August 12pm – 2pm / 2:30pm – 4:30pm
Where: Footscray Community Arts Centre
45 Moreland Street, Footscray 3011
Who: Open invite to all allied health professionals, NDIS plan managers and support workers, medical specialist, rehab consultants, case managers, carers, and anyone that works with individuals who have a physical or neurological disability.
What: We would like to provide our colleagues in the healthcare industry and people with a disability the opportunity to come and see our facility, to exhibit our state of the art equipment, to introduce our passionate team and to allow everyone to gain an insight into how we are assisting individuals with a physical or neurological condition improve their lives.
Our programs include:
• Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES) – FES applies small electrical impulses to paralysed muscles to restore and improve function. It can be applied on both upper and lower limbs or through a portable, multi-channel Xcite FES unit. FES has been proven to improve muscle activation, blood circulation, as well as to improve skin integrity, cardiovascular health, and joint range of motion.
• Activity Based Therapy (ABT) – An individually designed exercise program aimed to improve function, independence and mobility. This program involves repetitive, task-specific, dynamic and weight bearing activities all performed out of the wheelchair (where applicable). Some of the goals we work towards range from bed mobility, transfer training, standing or walking tolerance.
• Small group training – Groups of three that exercise in an engaging and motivating group environment. Groups focus on a mutual goal of either strength, cardiovascular fitness, balance, fine or gross motor skills.
• Locomotor Training (LT) – a body-weight supported treadmill program aimed to stimulate the nervous system. It aims to promote recovery focusing on posture, standing and walking patterns, and to maximise a wide range of functional skills such core and trunk control, bladder and bowel functionality, strength and connectivity to the limbs.
• Strength and Conditioning (S&C) – A one-to-one gym session with an Exercise Physiologist aiming at targeting very specific muscles and optimising technique to maximise outcomes.
HOW TO CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE
To RSVP click HERE to complete our Cognito Form.
For further information on our program, please contact Claudia James at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0414 285 305.
We hope to see you there!