- Equipment, Aids, Technology and Wheelchairs
- Clothing and Fashion
- Employment and Education
- Exercise, Sport and Recreation
- Financial and legal matters
- Health and SCI Facts
- Housing and Home Modifications
- Hot Topics
- NDIS FAQs
- Public Toilets
- SCIA Videos and Publications
- SCI Research
- Transport - Public, Driving, Hiring
- Travel and Travel Accommodation
Injury Prevention and Disability Awareness
Changes Workers’ Attitudes
Complacency is the number one safety issue in the workplace. Typically as incidences of injuries decline and duration of time without an injury lengthens, complacency increases.
Teamsafe has been engaged by employers* across Australia to deliver thought provoking, emotional and sobering real-life stories from Ambassadors who have experienced catastrophic injuries.
Our Ambassadors demonstrate how life-changing events can happen to anyone, and highlight the real emotional effects on self, family, colleagues and employers.
Teamsafe will evoke, engage and change attitudes towards safety in the workplace and is a cost-effective way of reducing injury and fatality.
Contact us today and Make Complacency
the Only Casualty in your workplace
Our OHS processes tackle the young blokes, who need to be taught about safety, but also retraining of the older guys who build up bad habits. After Blair’s talk, the guys really changed their attitude and began to pull each other up when they slipped back to old ways. Guys think they are bullet-proof and have an ‘it won’t happen to me’ attitude. Teamsafe has shown them, that is not the case and we take for granted the things most dear to us - our families. After Teamsafe’s visit the personnel on site have a story of Blair that they can relate to when they are faced with a decision to do a job safely or take a risk. Blair has left a legacy and provided a change in attitude by people on site.” Trevor Billingham OH&S Safety coordinator Abigroup.
* Employers include Qantas, John Holland, Leighton Contractors, Tyco Fire & Security, Bluescope Steel, BHP Billiton, United Group, McCourt Dando, NSW RTA, WA Water Corp. Teamsafe has targeted complacency in NSW, ACT, VIC, QLD, SA, WA, & New Zealand
Teamsafe in the Media
A Current Affair
'Tradies and labourers in the danger zone' is an important story about workplace safety, featuring the stories of people who have been injured or killed at work. David Crawford, ambassador for the Spinal Cord Injuries Australia workplace injury prevention program Teamsafe, spoke to A Current Affair about his workplace injury and his job with Teamsafe preventing other workplace incidents occurring.
Safety Solutions Magazine
"Organised by Spinal Cord Injuries Australia (SCIA), the Teamsafe workplace safety and injury prevention program presents a human face on why following safety processes based on participation, facilitation and empowerment is so important. Now working as a Teamsafe coordinator at Spinal Cord Injuries Australia, David Crawford shares the workplace experience that dramatically changed his life in the blink of an eye."
- Australian Disability Enterprise (ADE)
- The David Prast Leadership Program
- Employment - SCIA Workforce
- Exercise Therapy
- Information Services
- Injury Prevention - Teamsafe
- NSW Accessible Toilets Project
- Occasional and Emergency Community Services
- Peer Support
- Policy and Advocacy
- Regional Services
- SCIA Events & Activities
- SCIA Grant Scheme
- SCIA Research