- Equipment, Aids, Technology and Wheelchairs
- Clothing and Fashion
- Employment and Education
- Exercise, Sport and Recreation
- Financial and legal matters
- Health and SCI Facts
- Housing and Home Modifications
- Hot Topics
- NDIS FAQs
- Public Toilets
- SCIA Videos and Publications
- SCI Research
- Transport - Public, Driving, Hiring
- Travel and Travel Accommodation
Become a member
Spinal Cord Injuries Australia was founded as a member based organisation and we value the input and contribution made by our members. Your involvement helps people get ‘back on track’ following a spinal cord injury and achieve their goals.
As a member, you will receive our quarterly magazine Accord, access complimentary tickets to Waratahs' matches and be eligible to access our services such as peer support, employment, exercise therapy, funding, advocacy, information, regional support and accommodation*. You will be part of a supportive SCI community and be kept up-to-date with news, events and information about life with a spinal cord injury.
- To join as a new member, please click here to apply online or click here to download a PDF form. Membership for people with a disability and direct family members is free until the next renewal date (28 February each year).**
- If you are rejoining SCIA as a member, please click here to rejoin online or click here to download a PDF form.
Please note, some of the interactive form features may not work in some browsers. Clicking the 'submit' button should attach the form in an email . If it does not, please save a copy of the form and open it in Adobe Reader for completion.
To be a voting member at our Annual General Meeting (held on the fourth Thursday in November) a person needs to have been a member for more than three calendar months prior. For details regarding voting rights, please click here to download the SCIA Constitution.
* Please contact SCIA to discuss the eligibility criteria for each service.
** Membership for people with a disability or their direct family members is complimentary until the next renewal date, being the 28 February each year. After this complimentary period, membership is $10 p.a. or $5 p.a. for a concession/pensioner. Membership for people without a disability or a direct family member is $10 p.a. or $5 p.a. for a concession/pensioner. All members, complimentary and paid, will be asked to renew their membership on 28 February each year except those who joined after the Annual General Meeting held in November, whose membership will be valid until the February of the year after next (i.e. if you join in December 2012, your membership will expire 28 February 2014).
Give Us Feedback Was this article helpful?